Recipe by KCShell
I have always had trouble making my meatloaf firm and it has never tasted all that great either. I found this in the 2003 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes. You will love the addition of the horseradish in the meatloaf and the use of chili sauce in the sauce. She suggests making it into mini meatloaves, but I usually make one big one and adjust the baking time. Submitted by Janet Hyson.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into six loaves, about 5 inches x 2 inches by 1 1/2 inches.
- Place in an greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients.
- Spoon half over the top and sides of loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Spread with remaining sauce, Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Serve immediately, or cool, wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat loaves:.
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Unwrap loaves and place in a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- I will serve with a fresh green salad and poppy seed biscuit ring (will post next).