Recipe by Kristie-cakes
This recipe is for a mini version of a mascarpone cheesecake
Top Review by Chef*Lee
You have made my day with this recipe, Kristie-cakes!!!! So easy to do and really satisfies a cheesecake craving without having to make a whole "dangerous" cheesecake! I used amaretti cookies for my crust so I didn't need as much honey because they are pretty sweet. I really just mixed this all to taste as well, it's a matter of how sweet you want everything to be. I prefer mascarpone cheese over cream cheese so this was wonderful for me but I'm sure you could do it with cream cheese (even lower fat) as well! I just used a biscuit cutter to mold my mini cheesecake, I don't have a creme brulee blowtorch at home and I didn't want to go to the trouble for a one mini cheesecake recipe. Will definitley make again!!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe!!!
- 2 digestive biscuits
- 10 g butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 100 g mascarpone
- 1⁄4 lemon
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces and combine with the soft butter and honey. Place this mixture into one small metal cutter ring and press firmly and evenly on the bottom of the ring.
- Add the lemon juice and icing sugar to the mascarpone, whisk for around 2 minutes, being careful not to over whisk as this can cause the mixture to split.
- Spoon the mixture into the rings and using a flan/palette knife press the mix well into the ring to prevent air gaps. Remove the ring with either a hot cloth or blowtorch.
- TIP: If you find it difficult to remove from the ring, use a flat/palette knife to cut around the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecakes onto a large plate or individual ones and decorate with the fruit of your choice!