1/3 Photos of Mini Margarita Cheesecakes
These are the perfect appetizer for any Cinco de Mayo celebration. They're not difficult to make, but can be a bit time-consuming (about 45 minutes) to fill all the little scoop-style tortilla chips. But I think they're worth it. FOR A NON-ALCOHOL VERSION -- You can easily omit the alcohol, and these mini margarita cheesecake appetizers will still taste scrumptuous. ABOUT TOSTITO SCOOPS - These are Tostito's brand Scoops, which are "cup" shaped corn tortilla chips. A 10-ounce bag should be plenty for one batch of these mini cheesecakes (you won't use all of the scoops, but you need the whole bag so you can be assured of getting enough that are not broken). You shouldn't have any problem finding Tostito's Scoops in the chips/snacks aisle of most grocery stores.
My Private Note
mini ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup tequila (optional)
- 1/8 cup triple sec (optional)
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate (do not thaw)
- 75 Tostitos Scoops, corn tortilla chips (from a 10 ounce bag)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1With an electric mixer at a low setting, mix together the condensed milk and softened cream cheese until the mixture is creamy. Add the tequila, triple sec, and limeade, and beat on medium-high speed for about 7-10 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and beginning to thicken.
- 2Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture into each Tostito Scoop. TIP - Use the best-shaped Scoops (i.e., those that are not broken or chipped, and those that lay flat and have the highest sides (so they won't tip or let the cheesecake layer spill out).
- 3Place each filled mini cheesecake on a large platter. When the platter is full, let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (overnight is ideal), so the cheesecake layer will get firm.
- 4After the mini cheesecakes have chilled, whip the heavy cream and lime juice together with an electric beater until peaks just begin to form (it should take about 5-8 minutes or so). Gradually add the sugar and continue beating about 5 more minutes or until soft peaks form. Top each mini cheesecake with a small dollop of the whipped cream mixture.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Margarita Cheesecakes
Serving Size: 1 (1071 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 18.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: