Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker!
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml chopped well-drained maraschino cherry
- 59.14 ml chopped blanched almond
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 14.78-19.71 ml maraschino cherry juice
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease bottoms only of 24 miniature (1 3/4x1-inch) muffin cups or 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter, milk and egg with fork or wire whisk until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold in cherries and almonds. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full).
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Immediately remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Drizzle glaze over warm muffins. Serve warm if desired.
Made these for my daughter's Tea party birthday party. They were very good and out of all the food, these went first. I loved the almonds in them, they add to the flavor. I would make more glaze next time, the glaze really made them look pretty and taste sweeter. Thanks!
We really enjoyed these little gems Redsie. So awesome, chocked full of cherry goodness. My 11 year old neighbor & I made these for a snack yesterday. They were quick and easy to make, tasted wonderful and looked great. She was more than thrilled to take home the rest to show off her baking skills. Very company worthy. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
These made into wonderful tasting cherry cupcake muffins. I followed your recipe as written except omitted the almonds per DS#!'s request. I made these for him for his 30th birthday as he is a marachino cherry lover. He'd much rather have something like this than birthday cake:-0. Thanks Celine~ Made for 123Hits.