Recipe by Redsie
From Betty Crocker!
Top Review by Retro Kali
Made these for my daughter's Tea party birthday party. They were very good and out of all the food, these went first. I loved the almonds in them, they add to the flavor. I would make more glaze next time, the glaze really made them look pretty and taste sweeter. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease bottoms only of 24 miniature (1 3/4x1-inch) muffin cups or 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter, milk and egg with fork or wire whisk until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold in cherries and almonds. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full).
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Immediately remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Drizzle glaze over warm muffins. Serve warm if desired.