Recipe by For Goodness Bake!
MMMM! the taste of maple syrup and the fluffy, chewy consistency of pancake all combined to make the perfect cookie! These were good warm just out of the oven, but the flavor really comes out the day after baking, when stored in an air-tight container.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
After making these goodies, I tasted one, then took your advice & waited another day before devouring! VERY NICE COOKIES, & I'm so glad I didn't give these nice little tasties away! What was left was even very nice the 2nd day! Will enjoy making these again during the winter holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg to combine.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, tartar, and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- gradually stir into wet mixture until smooth and well combined. ( may be a bit sticky).
- drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Store in air tight container, best the day after baking.