Recipe by Courtly
This recipe is from Taste of Home. I will be making these for a maple syrup contest here in Wakarusa, Indiana. They sound so yummy! *UPDATE* I made these for the contest and won 1st place! These are really good!
- 158.51 ml milk
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3.69 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml bread flour
- 19.71 ml ground cinnamon
- 88.74 ml cold butter
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml maple syrup
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by the manufactuer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 T. of water or bread flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into two 12 inches x 7 inches rectangles.
- In small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place cut side down in one greased 13 x 9 x 2 inches baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, syrup and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over warm rolls.