Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
- Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.
Just used this recipe to make 24 mini-muffins. They taste fantastic and came out better than any pancake I have ever made. I left out the chocolate chips as my children requested. My husband was really enjoying his taste testing.
I made these from the bakeerella site and tried them as a portable breakfast for my little ones. They turned out wonderful! I doubled the recipe and made 12 regular sized muffins with it. They were moist, sweet enough not to need syrup if you had to eat on the go, and if you added some cooked sausage ( either ground or cut up links) you could have sausage and pancakes on a stick without the stick! Just nuke in the microwave if their cold and you're ready to go.
These muffins are pretty good, and way easier than making pancakes! They're best served straight from the oven, because, then they REALLY do taste like pancakes! They're super moist and SO delicious! However, after they've cooled down, they taste like any other chocolate chip muffin. I'll definetely make these again!