- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
- Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.