1/1 Photo of Mini Mango Cakes
Baby Kato's Note:
These lovely cupcakes are sure to remind you of the lightest pound cake. A hint of mango with rum flavoured cream, a nice light treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, powdered
- 9 tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, vanilla scented
- 2/3 cup sour cream, thick
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, pure
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mango, fresh, sweet, diced
- 1 pint whipping cream, cold
- 6 tablespoons sugar, white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 2 tablespoons rum, dark
- 1/2 cup coconut, sweet, toasted (garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Butter and flour muffin cups, 16 2 3/4-inches.
- 3Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat butter on high for 2 minutes.
- 5Add sugar to butter gradually, beating a total of 2 minutes longer.
- 6Next, add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon rind and sour cream together.
- 7Add sour cream mixture to butter and sugar, beat 1 minute.
- 8Add 1 egg and beat on medium high for 1 minute then add egg yolks and beat 1 minute longer.
- 9Scrape down bowl.
- 10Add flour just until all flour is absorbed.
- 11Gently, mix in diced mango.
- 12Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake on lower-third level rack for 20 - 23 minutes.
- 13Allow cakes to cool in tins for 1 minute before carefully removing and placing on rack to cool completely.
- 14While waiting for cakes to cool prepare whipped cream.
- 15In a cold bowl add whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and dark rum.
- 16Beat on high until cream thickens.
- 17Split cakes in half, spread with rum cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Mango Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.0
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 203.1 mg
- Sodium 217.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g