Recipe by Pumpkie
This recipe comes from our local paper. I love to make these for my kids or for a brunch. Baked in individual muffin cups so everyone can get the mix ins that they like and none that they don't.
Top Review by Jaime in Winnipeg
These turned out really well! What a neat idea. My husband and I have very different tastes in food, so this worked really well for us. My DH found it too salty, so next time I'll add less salt, but he also only added ham to his omelets which is really salty and I added some chili powder which could have affected it as well. Even our young children enjoyed these. I will definitely be making these again!
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
Assorted mix ins
- shredded cheese or diced vegetables or cooked and chopped bacon or ham or sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Coat a six cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- If using vegetables I like to precook them in a skillet as we don't like our vegetables crunchy.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half and salt in a medium bowl, then evenly distribute the egg mixture among the muffin cups.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of mix ins to each cup and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake the omelets until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 - 25 minutes. If necessary run a butter knife around the edge of each one of the omelets to loosen them before removing them from the pan.