Bring smiles to the little ones in your life by whipping up a batch of these yummy cookies! The long-time favorite treat of my own children, these cookies can be made using your choice of mini M&M's, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 5 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature M&M's chocolate candies or 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- Cream sugars and shortening together; stir in eggs, vanilla and hot water; add dry ingredients and stir until combined; gently stir in mini M&M's last.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 9 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.