Recipe by LadyAngel1124
I threw these together in about 15 minutes for my sister's Memorial Day picnic over the weekend. I made 30 mini pies, and only two were left by the time I went home! They're quick, easy, tasty, and totally customizable! (NOTE: "Cooking" time is actually "Chilling" time in this case.
- 1 (2 ounce) packagefrozen miniature phyllo cups (15 shells per package)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pudding mix (any flavor, regular or sugar free)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon lemon curd (optional) or 1 teaspoon lime curd (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw phyllo shells according to the package directions. The kind I bought were pre-baked, but I put them in the toaster oven for about 5 minutes to crisp them up a little more. (If you choose to crisp the shells, just let them cool before filling them.).
- Combine pudding mix and milk, cream or half and half, and mix until smooth. The mixture will be thick. If it seems a little too thick for your taste, feel free to increase the liquid according to your preference.
- Fill the shells with the pudding mixture using two spoons or a piping bag.
- Top each mini pie with the toppings of your choice. I used lemon curd and lime curd. Next time, I want to try coconut cream pudding mix topped with chocolate ganache, or maybe with some pineapple for a pina colada flavor. Some fresh berries would also be nice with the creamy filling. Make it with whatever sounds good to you!
- Chill at least 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.