Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this out of a magazine a few years ago and have been making it ever since. The key is to poke holes into the tops and then brush with glaze....Delicious!
- 1 large lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease three mini loaf pans.
- From lemon, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl, beat oil and 1 cup sugar on high speed 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and lemon peel.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Beat in milk; stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes.
- In cup, mix lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Poke holes all over tops of loaves with a skewer; brush with sugar mixture.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
These are fantastic!! I made them this weekend and we loved them. The tart lemon glaze on the top is the BEST!!! I got three mini loaves and they looked beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful recipe.