Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is gorgeous. I make it all the time. The good thing is that it's low in sugar's making it lower in carbs. They're quick to make too--Enjoy!
- 2 ginger biscuits, crushed (no added sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 10 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 gelatin sheets
- 1⁄2 juice and lemon, zest of
- 5 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 120 g cream cheese (quark or Philadelphia works best)
- 90 g Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- ginger plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- lemon zest
- Crush biscuits, add them to melted butter, 1 Tbsp Splenda and 1/4 Tsp mixed spice, then mix till combined.
- Divide mixture into two ramekins, press with fingers then put in fridge to chill.
- Zest and juice half the lemon (set aside th zest) put the juice in a little plastic cup and add half the gelatin leaf, leave the cup floating over boiled water, leave to dissolve, should take about 10 minutes (keep going back to the mixture to stir so the gelatin fully dissolves).
- Take the 120g of cream cheese and 90g greek yoghurt and whisk together. add lemon zest, 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 Tsp lemon extract, whisk again.
- When gelatin mixture is fully dissolved add 5 Tbsp of Splenda and mix till fully combined.
- Add gelatin and Splenda mixture to the cream cheese mixture and whisk until fully combined.
- Take the prepared ramekins out of the fridge then add the cheesecake filling to the biscuit base, sprinkle with lemon zest and a few biscuit crumbs and place back in the fridge to chill (Takes about 2 hours, but tastes better if left over night).