Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I decided to make traditional leek tart in a slightly non traditional way, few mini tarts instead of one, big round tart. I made it that way so my other half would eat it too. He’s not much of a veggie guy so I mixed in some ham to his portion. That way I had my vegetarian leek tarts and he had ham and leek ones.
- 1 sheet of store bought puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 large leek (or 2 small)
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- Chop of the green part from leek and cut lengthwise. Slice finely and in a sieve run under cold running water to clean from the soil dirt.
- On a skillet melt the butter and add leeks. Add salt, pepper and sweat few minutes until soft.
- In a bowl combine half & half, egg and shredded cheese. Add salt pepper and mix together. Add leek and stir the mixture around.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out nine uniform squares. Place each square in the muffin pan like on a picture.
- Spoon the mixture into each tart and bake in the oven preheated to 400ËšF for 30-40 min until the edges are nicely brown. Let cool slightly and transfer each tart to a plate.
Made these just for the 2 of us, sort of as a trial run, & now I'll be making them again for a dinner party in a couple of weeks! Using a mild cheddar, they have a soothing, comforting taste & look spectacular, I thought! Thanks so much for sharing this great, yet simple, recipe!! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]