Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this from the back of a bag of "mini kisses" chocolate chips. Can't mention the brand for fear of trademark issues, but...you might know the one! (They make the BEST chocolate chips!)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups mini kisses chocolate chips (10 oz. pkg)
- additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together the shortening and peanut butter. Beat in sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually blend into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately place 3 chocolate chips on top of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.