Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Oh, these are sooo good! Easy to make and really chocolatey.
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups hershey miniature kisses (10 oz. pkg)
- 2⁄3 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease a 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- Combine cocoa and baking soda; stir mixture into 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water; stir until thickened.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, remaining 1/3 cup butter, and vanilla.
- Blend in flour and salt. Stir in mini kisses and nuts (if desired).
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
These are easy to make & definitely better than the boxed stuff. Especially if you use really good cocoa powder! I did add about 1tsp. cinnamon on a whim. I liked that this was a 1 bowl job. They'e on the counter to be eaten after lunch...I'll be back! OH WOW!! These are the best brownies ever!! Thank you! Made fo PAC Fall '08.