Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy, moist, streusel-filled minis for Mardi Gras
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- decorator icing, pre-packaged tubes, in purple, green, and gold (yellow)
- sparkling white decorator sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 mini-cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix with 1 cup of milk and 3 eggs. Using electric mixer, beat 1 minute on medium speed. Add melted butter, and beat for an additional 1 minute until well mixed.
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons melted butter in small bowl. Stir until mixed and crumbly.
- Using small ice cream scoop, fill muffin pan with 1 scoop of batter in each liner.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over batter, topping each with additional 2 scoops of batter.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Using pre-packaged decorator icing tubes in Mardi Gras colors of purple, green, and gold (yellow), dollop each color on top of cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle sparkling white decorator's sugar over each cake.