Recipe by teresas
This is out of my "KCTS Chefs 2002" cookbook...it was sent in by Chef & co-owner Matthew Marcus...the restaurant was (it is now closed) called..."From the Bayou"...hope you enjoy...
Top Review by weekend cooker
WOW ! ! These had a nice zip. Made this as written, though I halved it. Baking / cooking time right on the mark, and made for a great treat with some pork ribs. Great side dish, or appetizer. Made for PRMR Tag.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, drained and pureed (reserve liquid)
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with a nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and slat.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the jalapeno, milk and honey.
- Add the dry mixture slowly to the wet mixture.
- If desired, add a little of the jalapeno liquid to make'em nice and spicy.
- Spoon the batter into the sprayed muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Note: They are wonderful drizzled with creamed honey and butter.