Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These little desserts have a surprise of crunchy frozen strawberries in them to keep you cool while enjoying the summer heat. Use spiced rum to give added kick to these little creamy delights. From Food and Drink Magazine. I love that magazine!! :) Cook time is Chill time.
- 300 g frozen pound cake, thawed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced strawberry
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line eight ½ cup ramekins with plastic wrap and set on small tray. Line each ramekin with cake slices, trimming to fit as necessary.
- Brush cake with rum and divide diced strawberries on the bottom of each ramekin.
- Pack each ramekin with the ice cream and smooth top. Top with remaining cake, trimming to fit. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or for up to 2 weeks.
- To make fresh strawberry sauce, using a fork or potato masher, mash together strawberries, sugar, rum and salt in shallow bowl until strawberries are crushed and syrupy.
- Whip cream and vanilla until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Remove plastic from ramekin and turn out onto dessert plate and remove remaining plastic wrap. Dollop top with whipped cream and spoon strawberry sauce around edge.