4 hrs 5 mins
These little desserts have a surprise of crunchy frozen strawberries in them to keep you cool while enjoying the summer heat. Use spiced rum to give added kick to these little creamy delights. From Food and Drink Magazine. I love that magazine!! :) Cook time is Chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g frozen pound cake, thawed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup finely diced strawberry
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- 1Line eight ½ cup ramekins with plastic wrap and set on small tray. Line each ramekin with cake slices, trimming to fit as necessary.
- 2Brush cake with rum and divide diced strawberries on the bottom of each ramekin.
- 3Pack each ramekin with the ice cream and smooth top. Top with remaining cake, trimming to fit. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or for up to 2 weeks.
- 4To make fresh strawberry sauce, using a fork or potato masher, mash together strawberries, sugar, rum and salt in shallow bowl until strawberries are crushed and syrupy.
- 5Whip cream and vanilla until soft peaks form; set aside.
- 6Remove plastic from ramekin and turn out onto dessert plate and remove remaining plastic wrap. Dollop top with whipped cream and spoon strawberry sauce around edge.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Ice Cream Daiquiri Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.7
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g