Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
In '400 Best Sandwich Recipes' by Alison Lewis
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 8 mini hamburger buns, split
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, olive oil, parsley, and red onion; set aside.
- Place buns on a large baking sheet.
- Brush bottom halves of buns with mustard mixture.
- Arrange roast beef, avocado, and cheese over top of mustard (leave top halves of buns bare).
- Leave buns open-faced and broil on high for 2 minutes or until sandwiches are warm and cheese is melted.
- Cover with top halves and serve immediately.
First of all, Congratulations on your WEEK 6 Football 2012 win....second of all...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. It had never occurred to add the other ingredients to my roast beef sandwiches but I don't think I will ever go back to making them the old way.
I made a batch on Sunday and they were gone before I knew it.
Everyone in the family loved the flavors and I loved the simplicity of the recipe and the flavor.