Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made these New Years Eve and they were gone before the New Year :) Adapted from Quick Cooking.
- 36 (1/2 ounce) frozen cooked italian meatballs
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature hot dogs or 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until heated through.
This is nice for a party, and a little cooler than just cocktail dogs. The idea is that the guests scoop the appetizer onto their plate using a slotted spoon and then use toothpicks to make a mini-kabob with a hot dog, pepperoni slice, and a meatball. I guess you could be fancy and serve the kabobs already assembled, but I think it would be hard to keep them warm. mayness is right, it's nothing spectacular, but often it's the simple things that do really well on a buffet.
My husband's uncle apparently makes this a lot, and hubby wanted me to try to find the recipe based on his vague descriptions, haha. Finally found it! It was good, nothing amazing, but I can see how it would be an easy thing to serve at a big party!