Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A recipe I found in a 2002 copy of the Australian magazine "Super Food Ideas". I haven't made it yet but I'm posting it here for safekeeping and because I couldn't find anything similar already posted. From the accompanying picture, these look like cakes (something like Greek lemon cakes) rather than what normally comes to mind as cheesecakes. They sound really easy to make, I love the sound of the ingredients and they certainly sound worth trying! The estimated preparation and cooking times below do not include cooling time.
Top Review by Shazzie
Being my first experience with ricotta, I found these a bit grainy for my liking, but they were really tasty and easy - so will try with a "smoother" cheese next time as definitely worth another bash more to my liking. Thank you.
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat ricotta, sugar and honey in a large mixing bowl until smooth and well-combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well as each egg is added.
- Blend in the cinnamon and the lemon rind.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 lightly greased friand moulds or into 8 lightly greased recesses in a muffin pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180ºC) for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool and serve with a drizzle of extra honey, a dollop of cream or mascarpone, and berries.