Recipe by Charlotte J
These will look quite festive in a basket on your table at your next holiday gathering.
Top Review by * Pamela *
I made these muffins for a Christmas Brunch and they were a nice addition to the muffin platter. I did find these a bit dry. They looked really pretty and they also freeze well.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix in beaten egg yolks, cherry juice, flour and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Grease mini muffins tins and sprinkle bottom with chopped pecans.
- Place 1 teaspoon dough in each and place cherry on top.
- Add another teaspoon full of dough and sprinkle top with pecans.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
- Makes 24 mini muffins.