That is Dr House to you's Note:
From Fleischmann's Yeast Company for a holiday treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 ounce fast rising yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (125 to 130 F)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pesto Tomato Sauce
- 1To make dough:
- 2Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast and salt. Stir water and oil into dry ingredients.
- 3Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- 4Divide dough into six equal portions and form each into smooth ball. Roll each ball into 5-inch round. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 5Spread 1 teaspoon pesto sauce on each round. Top each with two to three slices tomato and sprinkle with pine nuts; dividing evenly. Cover; let rise in warm draft-free place until almost doubled in size, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Bake at 425ºF for 15 to 18 minutes or until done, switching positions of sheets halfway through baking for even browning. Makes six 6-inch flat breads. Remove from sheets and cool on wire racks.
- 7Other Toppings:.
- 8Brush rounds with olive oil and sprinkle with one of the following combinations:.
- 9sliced mushrooms, sliced red onion, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped green onions.
- 10crumbled Feta cheese, walnut halves, basil leaves, sliced red bell pepper.
- 11sliced black olives, sliced red and green bell pepper, pecan halves, minced garlic.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Holiday Focaccias
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: