Recipe by carolinafan
Very versatile; you can replace the ham with bacon, sausage, chicken or shrimp or substitute chopped onion, red pepper or zucchini for the olives. From Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by Colorado Cookie
These were really good! I work as a cook at a homeless shelter. We had a breakfast/tour this morning for potential contributors. I was to provide a light breakfast. I made 24 ham and swiss, 24 sausage and pepper jack and 24 asparagus and cheddar. I served with fruit salad and bagels/cream cheese. I had to print out several copies of your recipe. They loved them! — Apr 20, 2006
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix or 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the ham, cheddar cheese and olives; divide among 12 greased muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients just until blended.
- Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.