Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw these on an episode of "Behind The Bash" on Food Network. It's really just a different way of making the grilled cheese that we all know and love, but in miniature it is just SO cute. I served these at my daughter's first birthday party. You will need 4 mini loaf pans to bake the bread for these in, unless your grocery store sells miniature loaves of bread. :) Cook time does not include the time it takes to thaw and bake the bread, since different brands and methods have different times.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough (should give you 24 good slices of bread)
- 6 slices cheese, cut in fourths (type of cheese is personal choice)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thaw and bake the bread dough according to package directions.
- You should be able to cut one loaf into 4 pieces that fit perfectly into your mini loaf pans.
- Brush melted butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 12 slices of bread, buttered side down, on skillet (or 2 skillets) at medium heat.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each slice of bread in skillet(s).
- Place last 12 slices of bread, buttered side up, on bread in cheese in skillet(s).
- Flip sandwiches when bottom slices of bread are as golden as you like them; careful, they might get gooey on you.
- Remove from heat when second side of sandwiches are as golden as you like them.