Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. This meat loaf is made in muffin tins and is great with the feta-yogurt sauce (recipe included). Serve with an arugula & cucumber salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces ground sirloin
- 5 ounces ground lamb, lean
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup red onion, grated
- 4 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, reduced-fat (crumbled})
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diagonally sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoons thyme, 1/4 teaspoons salt, allspice, and next 3 ingredients (through egg). Press meat mixture into 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 7 minutes. Turn broiler to high; broil 3 minutes.
- 3Combine yogurt, feta, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoons mint, and 1 teaspoons thyme in a mini food processor; pulse 10 times to combine.
- 4Combine 1 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoons juice, 1/8 teaspoons salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir. Add arugula and cucumber; toss.
- 5Serve meat loaf with yogurt/feta sauce with arugula/cucumber salad on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Greek-Style Meat Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.8 mg
- Sodium 545.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: