Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. This meat loaf is made in muffin tins and is great with the feta-yogurt sauce (recipe included). Serve with an arugula & cucumber salad on the side.
- 10 ounces ground sirloin
- 5 ounces ground lamb, lean
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, grated
- 4 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, reduced-fat (crumbled})
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diagonally sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoons thyme, 1/4 teaspoons salt, allspice, and next 3 ingredients (through egg). Press meat mixture into 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 7 minutes. Turn broiler to high; broil 3 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, feta, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoons mint, and 1 teaspoons thyme in a mini food processor; pulse 10 times to combine.
- Combine 1 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoons juice, 1/8 teaspoons salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir. Add arugula and cucumber; toss.
- Serve meat loaf with yogurt/feta sauce with arugula/cucumber salad on the side.
Wow !!!! Are these ever good. A couple of MINOR adjustments. Used ground sirloin only, and left out the lamb. Omitted the salt, and used minced white onion in place of the red onion. The mint/thyme combination was fantastic, and the mint was very noticable. Made the argula-cucumber salad with this too, with the yogurt/feta, a very nice quick very tast dinner that was also served with Barbecued, Spiced Lime Corn on the Cob#438317. Definately recommended to anyone that would like a nice twist to meatloaf, and a complete dinner. Made for PRMR Tag.