Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low Carb and delicious. I serve with a yogurt sauce or a horseradish sauce.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup very finely crumbled feta cheese (measure after crumbling)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional, it didn't need it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, using your hands to mix ingredients.
- Lightly oil a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Shape meat into 1 tablespoon size meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Great! I am trying to low-carb it for a while and still feed 2 hungry teenage boys. They thought these were wonderful. I served it with a cucumber dipping sauce. Thanks for sharing.
This was great! I used ground turkey and added 1 cup of mozarella cheese as well. Whe almost done baking I poured a can of diced tomato and artichoke over it and at this as a meal alone. Thanks!
These turned out very flavorful for us, too. Maybe the other reviewer's didn't turn out because of the type of Greek seasoning used? I used Cavender's and did not need to use the optional salt. I cut back on the oil and used just half a tablespoon and used cooking spray for the pan. I made a quick tzatziki sauce and served with a warm spinach and mushrooms salad. Will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!