Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
A thin mint cookie for a base and a yummy green filling..perfect for St Patricks day or anytime. A big hit with kids too. My own creation. You will need 18-24 foil cupcake liners for these.
- 18 -24 chocolate and mint cookies (such as Keebler Grasshoppers or Girl Scout Thin Mints)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chocolate mint extract (or 1/4 tsp mint and 1/4 tsp chocolate extract or chocolate liqueur)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line rregular muffin tins with cupcake liners and set 1 cookie into each tin.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and flour together well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir in sour cream and extract.
- Fill tins and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Filling will still appear soft but won't jiggle when cooked.
- Cool in tins 5-10 minutes.
- Combine topping and spoon onto each cake, then allow to cool completely still in the tins. (about 30 minutes).
- Chill well before serving.
- TIP: Use extra cookies to garnish the tops of each (I crumble some of the extra cookies and pop a mint leaf into the top).
Perfect recipe for St. Patty's Day! My co-workers and family fell in love with this recipe;) so creative, thank you!!!
These are AMAZING!!! I followed this recipe and made a dozen mini cheesecakes. Did exactly what the recipe says. The result was incredible. Will definitely be making these again and again.
These were off somehow. I used top ingredients so I am not sure why they didn't taste better. Made for an office event and they did not get ate and ended up thrown away. Won't make again.