Chef #573036's Note:
This recipe was inspired from http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/04/gluten-free-whole-grain-strawberry.html I did not have any coconut flour so I used 1 cup of brown rice flour instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml almond flour
- 236.59 ml brown rice flour
- 118.29 ml sorghum flour
- 118.29 ml millet flour
- 59.14 ml organic sugar
- 14.79 ml arrowroot
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml fine sea salt
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 2 large organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 59.14 ml light olive oil
- 118.29 ml pure maple syrup, plus
- 14.79 ml pure maple syrup
- 14.79 ml bourbon vanilla extract
- 177.44-236.59 ml milk, as needed
- 354.88 ml fresh organic strawberries, washed, stemmed, diced
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 24 mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- from the hazelnut flour to the nutmeg. Add in the beaten eggs, oil, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Beat to begin combining. As the batter is coming together, start pouring in the soy milk, slowly, a little at a time, and beat to mix thoroughly. When you have added 3/4 cup liquid, take a close look at your batter. It should be soft and slightly thick. Add the rest of the milk slowly, continuing to beat. When the batter looks like a muffin batter, stop adding the liquid. I used a full cup, but some of you in more humid climes might need a tablespoon or two less liquid. This batter isn't super-smooth and sticky (no xanthan gum!). It is not as thin as cake batter. It should look almost puffy.
- 3Stir in most of the strawberries by hand, using a wooden spoon (reserve a portion of the strawberry pieces for the tops).
- 4Spoon the strawberry muffin batter into the twelve lined cups. Stud the tops with strawberry pieces. Don't smooth out the tops- leave them puffy and bumpy.
- 5Bake in the center of a pre-heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Note: If your berries are cold, your muffins will take a few minutes longer to bake.
- 6Cool the pan on a rack for five minutes, then turn out the muffins to continue cooling on a wire rack (this keeps them from steaming in the hot pan and getting soggy).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Gluten-Free Whole Grain Strawberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 90.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: