Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve these with macaroni & cheese and a vegetable for a delicious 30-minute meal.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup and brown sugar; set aside 1/4 cup for topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, bread crumbs, egg, the ketchup mixture, garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 9x13-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray; pat into a 12x4-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle down the center lengthwise and then crosswise into sixths to form 12 squares. Separate the loaves so that no edges are touching. Brush the squares with the reserved ketchup mixture.
- Bake uncover at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until loaves are no longer pink in the center.
Not bad, but not great either. To it's credit I enjoyed it despite not really being a meatloaf fan.
Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I was amazed at how quick these cooked. This was a major hit with my 4&5 yr olds. They absolutely love meat loaf, but I wasn't too keen on the time regular meat loaf takes to cook, until this recipe. I will now be making this more often!! I did change a couple of ingredients though. Instead of chopping onions and using seasonings, I used Lipton beefy onion soup mix (I love that stuff!!). I also didn't use baking mix; I used corn flake crumbs instead. I think it gives the meat loaf a better flavor. I also squeezed a little ketchup in the ground beef mix. Oh, I also used a mix of ground turkey and ground beef. I also made these into meatballs for a church potluck and they were a hit there also. Thank you for posting a great recipe.