1/5 Photos of Mini Garlic Naan
1 hr 1 min
I've recently turned 30 and invited my friends to my place to an Indian/Singaporean meal. I served these mini garlic naans as an appetizer and they disappeared quickly. The original recipe didn't ask to sprinkle them with salt, but I did a batch with and without and preferred the salted ones. I also sprinkled some with fresh coriander (cilantro), although the original recipe only called for parsley. I have changed the baking temperature to 375°C, as one reviewer pointed out that the naans were done in about 8 minutes at a temperature of 375°F.
My Private Note
mini na ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 185 ml warm water
- 375 g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 g melted ghee or 60 g butter
- 2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (use more or less to suit your taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tablespoons melted ghee or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1Mix yeast, sugar and water in a bowl.
- 2Cover and leave undisturbed for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Mix flour and salt and sieve into a bowl.
- 4Make a well.
- 5Put into the middle the melted ghee or butter, the yogurt and the yeast mixture.
- 6Form to a dough. Knead on a floured surface for 10-15 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- 7Put into a big, oiled bowl, cover with a wetish towel and leave to rest for an hour by when the dough should have doubled.
- 8Knead for one minute.
- 9Cut into 32 pieces.
- 10Make balls and press them into 7 cm /2 1/2 in circles.
- 11Put on a lined tin.
- 12Mix 4 tablespoons melted ghee or butter with the minced garlic.
- 13Brush the unbaked mini naans with the butter - garlic mixture.
- 14Sprinkle with the herbs (mix them or keep them individual) and salt.
- 15Bake in a 190°C / 375°F oven for 5-8 minutes or until golden (mine took longer than 8 minutes).
- 16Serve your guests warm or cold as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Garlic Naan
Serving Size: 1 (727 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 73.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g