Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Junior Leagues Kids In The Kitchen.
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄3 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray;place over medium heat until hot.
- Add carrot and onion.; saute 3 minutes. Add spinach; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in italian seasoning and tomato sauce; simmer over medium-low heat 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Place muffin halves on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce over each, and top with bell pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.