Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the back panel of Barilla Piccolini MINI Fusilli. Recipe calls for fresh chicken breast but I cut up leftover cooked chicken from last night's meal. Very creamy and so easy to prepare.
- 1 (1 lb) boxbarilla piccolini mini fusilli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, cut in strips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion in olive oil for 3 minutes on medium heat then increase to medium-high and add the chicken pieces. Season.
- When chicken is cooked (or warmed through if using leftover) add spinach and cream. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with sauce.
- Stir in cheese before serving.
I always like to buy a cooked chicken when they are on special and freeze the meat especially for this type of meal. I found this meal very simple to make but would like to add garlic.
FALL PAC 2009 : Julie - delicious and easy to prepare with leftover chicken!! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing this recipe - it was a quick and tasty weekday meal.