Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
When i saw these i thought of sydney mike. I thought he might like them as he likes fruit mince. Prep time includes 30 mins. freezing time
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 120 g unsalted butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 410 g fruit mincemeat
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with plastic wrap. Process the biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and process until just combined. Press biscuit mixture into base and sides of prepared muffin holes, using a spoon to press down firmly. Place muffin pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- Combine cream cheese, creme fraiche, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream using a metal spoon. Fill muffin pan with spoonfuls of filling. Freeze for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place cranberries and brandy in a saucepan over low heat. Heat gently over low heat for 2-3 minutes to plump fruit, then add mince and warm through for a further 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, carefully remove cakes from pan and serve with fruit mince topping.
Oh, yum! We had these for Thanksgiving dinner instead of our usual mincemeat pie. Instead of digestive biscuits, I used graham crackers for the crusts. I had to make my own creme fraish, as our market doesn't carry it or the Mexican Crema. I think I'll make these again for Christmas dinner, as well. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Sonya. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.