Recipe by Sonya01
When i saw these i thought of sydney mike. I thought he might like them as he likes fruit mince. Prep time includes 30 mins. freezing time
Top Review by Darkhunter
Oh, yum! We had these for Thanksgiving dinner instead of our usual mincemeat pie. Instead of digestive biscuits, I used graham crackers for the crusts. I had to make my own creme fraish, as our market doesn't carry it or the Mexican Crema. I think I'll make these again for Christmas dinner, as well. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Sonya. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 200 g digestive biscuits
- 120 g unsalted butter, melted
- 250 g cream cheese
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 410 g fruit mincemeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with plastic wrap. Process the biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and process until just combined. Press biscuit mixture into base and sides of prepared muffin holes, using a spoon to press down firmly. Place muffin pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- Combine cream cheese, creme fraiche, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream using a metal spoon. Fill muffin pan with spoonfuls of filling. Freeze for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place cranberries and brandy in a saucepan over low heat. Heat gently over low heat for 2-3 minutes to plump fruit, then add mince and warm through for a further 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, carefully remove cakes from pan and serve with fruit mince topping.