Recipe by Mel Bedggood
These are delicious and are great for little snacks at lunch or tea to serve with salad and/or potatoes. I've included vegetarian rashers with this recipe, but you can omit or change to real bacon!
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten (I use vegetarian fed eggs)
- 300 g firm tofu, crumbled down
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 4 slices bacon, sliced thinly (I use Sanitarium vegetarian rashers)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- 2 tomatoes, ripe diced
- 7 asparagus, chopped thin
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (I used chilli sauce with sugar)
- 2 tablespoons grana padano, grated
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- saute onions and garlic until caramelized.
- add bacon until cooked.
- add asparagus and cook till a little soft.
- add mushrooms and tomatos at same time.
- mix chilli sauce in and cook all vegetables are soft.
- place eggs and tofu together and mix together.
- add salt and vegetable mix, stir.
- place in muffin pan that has been greased or lined with paper.
- place in oven for 15 minutes.
- turn heat up to 220 degrees celsius and leave in for another 10 minutes or until mixture is firm.