Recipe by Dancer^
Bake these bite-sized frittatas in a miniature muffin pan. They taste great hot or at room temperature, so you can make them in advance. You can use 4 large eggs in place of the egg whites, egg whites just make it lower in fat. Enjoy!
Top Review by Pam, late bloomer chef
I found these to be quite good and tempered what I did based on other reviews. Using 5 whole eggs worked out fine. In fact just enough - Someone said that 2 tbls. of chives was too strong so I only used 1 tblsp. Next time I will use 2 tblsps. - I may have used a "generous" 1/8 tsp. of thyme and found it to be a bit much. Maybe I will I will make it a scant 1/8 tsp. next time. -- I think my pan was on the large side and it only took 15 minutes.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped reduced-fat ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1-1/2 ounces) or 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add ham; saute 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add ham mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- Spoon mixture into 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until set.