Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
These baby frittatas are wonderful for breakfast, brunch, or appetizers. They can be served warm but are delicious served at room temperature. From Giada D.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray two mini non-stick muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with nonstick spray.
- Fill prepared cups almost to the tops with egg mixture.
- Bake until eggs puff and are just set in center, about 8-10 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen frittatas from the cups and slide onto a platter.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
I love Giada's cooking and have been making these for a while now. Definitely use proscuitto - regular ham just wouldn't be the same! I've also lightened them up by using eggbeaters and skim milk and they still turn out beautifully! Thanks for posting.
I made these for Easter and while the recipe was easy and the frittatas turned out well these were very bland. I would add some onions, peppers and more seasoning to improve the taste.
We enjoyed these for breakfast this morning. I made half of the recipe and only filled one mini muffin pan (12 muffins size). I used freshly grated parmigiana reggiano cheese and diced ham. The parsley really adds a nice fresh flavor so don't use dried. Thanks for posting!!