Recipe by Pepper Monkey
I had these at a brunch and I thought they were really cute. Not to mention creative and yummy!
Top Review by GuavaJelli
Great recipe! I was looking for something different to try with quiche and the cottage cheese and cumin were something I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks! I used red pepper, cumin and salt (1 tsp of each), 2 extra eggs and 1/2 vs 1/4 cup milk, it was enough to fill 6 large muffin cups with no waste. I did not have frozen spinach so I guestimated the same amount of fresh after sauteeing with onion and garlic. The flavor was intense and the the texture just right - 2 things that were missing in my previous egg cups..
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- sour cream (to garnish)
- salsa (to garnish)
- 12 paper baking cups
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- beat eggs, milk, cumin and pepper.
- add spinach, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Blend well.
- add in cilantro and stir well.
- spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set.
- Remove when done and let cool for 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of sour cream and salsa.