Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had these at a brunch and I thought they were really cute. Not to mention creative and yummy!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- sour cream (to garnish)
- salsa (to garnish)
- 12 paper baking cups
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- beat eggs, milk, cumin and pepper.
- add spinach, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Blend well.
- add in cilantro and stir well.
- spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set.
- Remove when done and let cool for 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of sour cream and salsa.
Great recipe! I was looking for something different to try with quiche and the cottage cheese and cumin were something I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks! I used red pepper, cumin and salt (1 tsp of each), 2 extra eggs and 1/2 vs 1/4 cup milk, it was enough to fill 6 large muffin cups with no waste. I did not have frozen spinach so I guestimated the same amount of fresh after sauteeing with onion and garlic. The flavor was intense and the the texture just right - 2 things that were missing in my previous egg cups..
Enjoyed these. Am watching carbs so these were easy and quick to make. Substituted dried chiles for the cilantro. Will make again.
These are an excellent little meal!! I had them for dinner with spuds and veggies. I followed the recipe but it does lend itself to unlimited varieties. And to boot, the left overs are really good cold as a snack. Thank you Blink.