Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this done on a TV cooking show and made it for grand final weekend. It isn't a particularly eggy mix and I think bacon, prosciutto, or a couple of tablespoons of red or green capsicum would be a good additions for a change.
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 20 black olives, pitted and chopped small
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 350f/190c.
- Grease 2 regular sized 6 hole muffin pans.
- Divide tomatoes, onion, olives, parmesan and parsley between the muffin tins.
- Season with salt and pepper then pour the whisked egg over each.
- Cook about 20 minutes or until set and golden.
I scaled this back for 4 muffins for the DM for her lunch and she absolutely loved them. I used tiny cherry tomatoes (picked fresh from the garden) and just halved them, otherwise following recipe and they were cooked to perfection in 20 minutes. Thank you JustJanS, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
I used my long thin tins for these and they worked well. I had never used the tins before so this recipe presented me with a great opportunity. I had a few leftover potatoes and threw them into the mix too but otherwise stuck to the recipe. I think these are best served with a chutney or sauce. I put sweet chili sauce with mine.
Took these to work yesterday. They got mixed reviews. All agreed they needed something, just not sure what, maybe peppers or some other seasoning. They were easy and cooked up quickly. I think with some tweaking these could be quite successful.