Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chop fillings extra fine, and bake for a third as long as you normally would. I found these on marthastewart.com.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
- 4 -6 white mushrooms, sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, chopped into 1/8 dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and seeded, chopped into 1/8-inch dice
- 16 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated gruyere cheese or 1⁄2 cup finely grated Fontina cheese
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly spray two 24-mini-muffin tins with vegetable-oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and chives, and set aside.
- Arrange cut zucchini, mushrooms, and peppers in each muffin tin.
- Ladle egg mixture into each tin, just even with the rim, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Transfer to oven, and bake until frittatas are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, or reheat briefly at 325°.