Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love finger foods. This was inspired by a recipe idea I saw on the Incredible Edible Egg website. Adjust to your taste and occasion by trying out different veggie combos and flavored cream cheeses!
- 24 slices baguette, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup vegetables, finely chopped (bell pepper, tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, etc)
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F Brush each side of the baguette slices with olive oil. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Grease a mini muffin pan. Prepare the frittatas by combining the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add veggies, onion, cheddar, and parsley to egg mixture.
- When crostini are ready, remove from oven and set aside. Reduce heat to 350°F.
- Divide the egg veggie mixture evenly between 24 mini muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon in each.
- Bake frittatas for about 10-13 minutes, until egg is set. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spread cream cheese on each crostini and top with a frittata.