These take a little time to make, but are so worth it! Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving for a nice presentation. Cooking time is minimal per batch because filling is already cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, crisco and milk and mix well.
- 2(I like to do this is a food processor).
- 3Roll into balls the size of a walnut.
- 4Flatten each with a rolling pin.
- 5Peel and dice apples.
- 6Cook apples, butter, spices and brown sugar together until tender.
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Place one tablespoon of apple mixture in the center of each flattened ball of dough.
- 9Fold over and press edges with a fork.
- 10Fry in oil that has been preheated to 350° until golden brown on each side.
- 11Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Fried Apple Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 305.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g