Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These take a little time to make, but are so worth it! Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving for a nice presentation. Cooking time is minimal per batch because filling is already cooked.
- Combine flour, crisco and milk and mix well.
- (I like to do this is a food processor).
- Roll into balls the size of a walnut.
- Flatten each with a rolling pin.
- Peel and dice apples.
- Cook apples, butter, spices and brown sugar together until tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Place one tablespoon of apple mixture in the center of each flattened ball of dough.
- Fold over and press edges with a fork.
- Fry in oil that has been preheated to 350° until golden brown on each side.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
We loved them! Wow! What a great recipe for pies. They weren't greasy at all and the flavor of the spices made for a truly delicious dessert that we all enjoyed. I rolled in cinnamon and sugar when they came out of the fryer. My son ate 3 the minute he saw them! They came out golden brown and delicious! Thanks for sharing with us Marie!