Recipe by Cathy Tedder
For you chocolate lovers, this is the best chocolate rush in a mini cupcake that I have ever eaten. The cupcake is so rich and moist that you will be happy to eat just one or two. Every once in awhile it is ok to indulge in your favorite decadent dessert. Of course, mine is the magical force of chocolate. Those times I just satisfy my sweet tooth and then I get back on track with healthy eating the next day. If you like chocolate, you have to try this easy recipe!
Top Review by Just_Gwen
In the words of George Takai "Oh myyyyy..." These are so chocolatey and lovely; like mini molten lava cakes. I made them to pass out to my school friends and I know they will be impressed. The best part was how insanely easy this was. You can even mix everything into the pot (I melted my chocolate and butter on the stove) so clean up is no big deal. Also, I know the recipe says it makes twelve but I got 24 and only baked them for 7 minutes (my oven cooks everything very fast and I didn't want them to be dry and sad). Try these, you won't regret it.
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 (12 cup mini muffin tins) with cooking spray.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a microwave safe glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir until melted.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla extract, espresso powder, and eggs until well combined.
- Sift cocoa over top and whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared pans and bake until cakes have risen. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool in pans on rack 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove cakes and cool on rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Enjoy!