Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
For a quick and easy way of preparing smaller pizzas that can be used as a snack. Using 5 inch round flatbread.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 round whole wheat flat bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 sticks hot pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towels.
- Let bacon cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Brush each flatbread with olive oil.
- Spread 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of each flatbread.
- Layer over with sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle diced red and green peppers over.
- Layer sliced tomatoes and sliced onions over.
- Top with sliced pepperoni and crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle generously with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place flat bread pizzas directly on the lower rack in the oven.
- Bake in preheated 450 F oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until flat bread is crispy and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.