Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 1 min
- 20 frozen white dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Thaw dough at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Set aside.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees.
- Stretch or roll each piece of dough into a flat ear shape.
- Fry a few at a time for 1 1/2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle generous 1 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on each ear.
What an easy recipe..these do not have quite the same flavor as the real elephant ears but they are very good. And SO simple..