- 1 eggplant, - 3 inches in diameter peeled and cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml pasta sauce
- 118.29 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.